Major thrust area of the district :
· Production and productivity improvement in crops like Paddy, Wheat, Jower, Bajra, Mustard, Linseed, Arhar, Urd, Moong, and Pea etc. through integrated nutrient management hybrid variety of seeds and integrated pest management.
· Usar reclamation and its management.
· Overall increase in live-stock production by implementing proper health care and nutritional management.
· Production and Productivity improvement of orchard crops like Aonla, Mango and Guava etc. through proper input management .
· Selection of suitable fruit crop variety for sodic soil.
· Fish farming in low lying areas.
· Feeding and management of dairy animals.
· Fodder production in summer for live stock feeding.
· Use of micro-nutrients-zinc in paddy, wheat, maize & sulphur in oilseed crops.
· Use of phosphatic fertilizer and culture in pulses crops.
· Plant protection in crops/vegetables/fruits plant.
· Use of bio-fertilizer in various crops.
· Excess weed problem and non-adoption of scientific practices in cereal and pulse crops.
· Malnutrition in farmwomen.
· Over all increase in live stock production by implementing proper health care and nutritional management.
source : iitk.ac.in